AES/NWTF YOUTH TURKEY CAMP
April 19-21, 2019
This hunting camp along with the others that cater to new youth hunters, are a great way to get your kids introduced to hunting. Being in a safe, mentored camp with other kids, lets the young hunters talk and rub shoulders with other young hunters away from tvs, cell phones, computers and iPods. They get back to nature and learn respect for the outdoors. Conservation of Arizona’s wildlife depends on the young hunters getting involved!
DIRECTIONS TO COLCORD RIDGE CAMPGROUND
Take State Route 260 east from the Town of Payson. At milepost 284.6 turn south onto the Young Road (Forest Road 512, also called the Desert to Tall Pines Scenic Drive). Colcord Ridge Campground is located approximately 3 miles south of Hwy. 260 .
Arizona Elk Society, AZG&F, NWTF, Cabela's, Phoenix Varmint Callers and NSSF sponsor this event
Youth tags are available over the counter
(tags for some of these units are issued by application)
Youths 10-13 MUST HAVE Hunter Education
ALL youths 14-17 ARE ENCOURAGED to have hunter education
Some of the activities offered are:
- Talk to AGFD wildlife managers experienced turkey hunters about where to hunt turkey in Units 3C, 4A, 4B, and 23
- Hunting and Calling seminars Friday and Saturday
- Cool calls and giveaways to youth hunters, while supplies last
- Free lunch and dinner Fri. & Sat., lunch Sun., snacks and drinks
- Daily activities for family members