YOUTH FEE: $55 per participant.
- Youth fee covers all meals, activities and a t-shirt for the camper
- Meals include breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday
- All youth participants must be accompanied by an adult
Adult / additional weekend meal ticket: $30 Per Person.
- You may purchase Additional Meal Tickets (Includes all meals provided during the camp) for adults or other family members of registered youth camper.
WAPITI WEEKEND CAMP ACTIVITIES
Every year families from all over Arizona sign up their children and join us for two AH-MAZING days of jam-packed fun. Wapiti Weekend has become known as the ultimate youth camp for kids and it fills up quickly. Parents are encouraged to join in and have fun with us, camping on site is available.
The 2022 Wapiti Weekend is located at the beautiful Camp Raymond near Williams. This location offers the opportunity for the kids to enjoy a whole host of fun activities in the beautiful outdoors. Activity examples include:
- Archery*: Participants learn how to use a bow in a correct and safe manner.
- 22 Shoot*: Participants will live fire a .22 rifle and learn gun safety.
- Muzzle Loader*: Participants 12 years and older will have the opportunity to live fire a muzzle loader and to watch the loading process.
*All shooting events are taught and supervised by Certified Safety Instructors.
- Hunter Ethics Simulator: AZGFD teachers go over situations that the young outdoor sportsmen will encounter while hunting in Arizona. Participants will be presented with real life situations where ethical decisions need to be made.
- Game Calling: Participants receive an elk call and learn how to use various other game calls too.
- Wildlife Identification: Participants will learn about the many types of wildlife in Arizona. They will also learn what to look for when trying to identify wildlife.
- Tracking: Participants learn the importance of wildlife tracking and receive tracking tips.
- Make-’n’-Take: Each participant makes and takes home a model of a wild animal track.
- Predator Hunting Demonstration: Participants learn different techniques to attract predators in hunting situations. The campers learn to recognize different Arizona predators and their habits.
Youth camp volunteers help provide a fun, safe experience for participants as they learn about and experience issues related to hunting and wildlife conservation. We can always use volunteers to help at Wapiti Weekend.